Uni Ve joint
Universal Ve Joint
The UNIVERSAL STANDARD Ve joint is a push-in anchored joint for laying anchoring pipes. The anchoring is designed to take up axial forces and allows laying without the need for concrete blocks. The UNIVERSAL pipe with this anchoring joint is a double chamber socket pipes with a weld bead on the spigot end.
Diagram of Universal Ve joint
Note: Please consult PAM China for special thickness and coating requirements
Field of use
- In steep slopes and unstable geological conditions, UNIVERSAL VE pipe is an ideal choice.
- In space constrained environment, such as urban area, where concrete blocks are not allowed for bends, tees etc.
- Horizontal directional drilling trenchless construction or laying in casing.
- Environment with persistent vibration, eg. pipeline crossing bridge
- In pipe gallery and other non-covered laying situation if necessary.
The UNIVERSAL STANDARD Ve joint requires the use of UNIVERSAL pipes with a weld bead on the spigot and double chamber socket. Leaktightness is provided by a STANDARD joint gasket. The axial force transmission takes place through a mechanical arrangement, independent from that providing the seal, comprising:
- works applied weld bead on the pipe spigot,
- a one-piece anchoring locking ring with a curved external profile that abuts
against the weld bead.
This technology avoids heavy, space-consuming concrete anchor blocks for bends, tees etc,.
Universal Ve anchoring joint also has the advantage of being time-saving when assembling pipe components and allows pipelines to be tested immediately after being laid as there is no need fit mating flanges, to
tighten bolts or to wait for concrete to set.
Universal Ve joints show proven stability and durability. The operation of self-anchoring systems relies on a combination of their intrinsic resistance to joint separation and friction with the soil. PAM's recommendations on self-anchoring lengths take into account the type of soil and the risks of works conducted in the vicinity of the pipes. The self-anchoring systems receive the same level of corrosion protection as the pipes and fittings.
PAM’s self-anchoring systems are designed and tested in strict compliance with the quality assurance procedures specified by Standard ISO 9001-2008 and in keeping with the Standards applicable to ductile iron pipelines including: water supply: GB/T 13295，ISO 2531
Sewage: GB/T 26081，ISO 7186
Restrained joint: ISO 10804
Consultation about anchoring solution
Anchoring length calculation
Anchoring joint installation guide
Construction site service